Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!

I'm a bit behind, considering my birthday was a few weeks ago but......This year for my birthday, I got one of the best gifts ever. My best friend gave me a Garmin GPS Watch!! I had been wanting one for some time, so that I could track my runs without having to carry my heavy phone with me. In the winter it is easy to carry along but with the summer coming, I won't have anywhere to keep it. I was certainly not expecting to get one for my birthday, let alone such an awesome one.



I finally had a chance to sit down and figure out all of the settings and capabilities that it has. The Garmin Forerunner 405, is awesome! I thought it was going to be difficult to set up but once I took the time to look up some directions, it was pretty easy. It is extremely accurate and very light. I finally got the heart rate monitor synced ( a bit of a challenge because I initially set up the HR settings wrong) and I can't wait to take it out for a run tomorrow.

Now that summer is on it's way, I have made some changes to my usual get-up. I have traded in my iPod for an ipod Nano that I can clip onto my shirt. I also switched up my phone run tracker for my fancy new watch. Any change in the usual routine throws me off a bit at first but after a few 'adjustment' run I'm sure things will be right back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment