Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back on track...I hope

So, just as I have taken a break from keeping up with this blog, I have taken a break from running. It wasn't planned or intentional but I took a 4 week intensive summer course that really messed with my schedule. I was on such a routine with my morning runs, work, tutoring and kickboxing that something had to trade out for homework and writing papers. So the last few weeks I have clocked about 10 miles a week, which isn't great, but i guess it's still something.

I started back up with my morning runs, which feels great. I wish each morning that I struggle to get out of bed, I could just get a taste of how great I will feel after I get back from my run. It helps me start my day in such a positive way! So now that I am back on track, the 26.2 seem that much more daunting. Up until not I have only run a 13.5 miles. It just seems so difficult to get past that 15 mile mark but I think once I do it, it will get progressively easier.

I am signing up for a few races this summer to keep me on track. I will be doing a triathlon in July, a half marathon in august, some warrior dash/muds runs along the way and an 18 miler in LBI the week before the full. This summer I am hoping to keep up with my early runs so that I can't use the heat as a reason not to train!

Only time will tell, but I am determined!!

No comments:

Post a Comment